- Chicago, IL
Our talented development team is ready to expand and is looking for a Software Engineer who can shine on the back-end, the front-end, or both. If that engineer is you, we need you.
Code ninjas: check your nunchucks at the door. We are looking for a real person who can join our team and have a hands-on impact on our business, not someone who has artfully mastered the learning of the latest buzzwords.
- are a startup that helps the real estate industry save time and money. Although our company is still young it is already generating revenue. Our application stack is currently based on Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis/Sidekiq and Elasticsearch.
- enjoy exploring new technologies. In fact, we are considering converting some of the performance-critical components of our platform to D and/or Go.
- are smart and fun to work with.
- are a creative problem solver
- are comfortable working on a small team with a rapid release cycle
- know the basics, starting with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- have 3+ years hands-on experience with web development
- have in-depth understanding of modern back-end and/or front-end frameworks
- are familiar with pragmatic engineering best practices such as continuous integration, iterative releases and configuration management
- possess great communication skills and an eye for detail
- have a positive attitude and sense of humor
Your skills might include
- Ruby on Rails
- Sass / Less, Bootstrap
- Backbone / Angular / Ember / React
- RESTful web services
- multiple programming languages and paradigms
- programming as a hobby, not only as a day job. You love coding, right?
- academic CS background
- PostgreSQL / Redis / Elasticsearch
- TDD / RSpec
- Git / Github
- open source contributions
- design and ship code to be proud of
- work in a fast-paced yet laid-back environment
- collaborate with team members on solving complex problems
- enjoy lots of freedom and trust when working on tasks independently