With one of the worst winters on record finally starting to fade away, property managers and owners are starting to think about how to get their buildings and grounds back in shape. (Property management is the administration of residential, commercial and industrial real estate including apartments, detached houses, condominium units and shopping centers. )
Though each property is unique and may have its own set of needs heading into the Spring season, these general spring cleaning tips are a good place to start.
Spring Cleaning Tips for Property Management
Lawn Care and Maintenance
- Clean gutters and downspouts
- Ensure gutters and downspouts are directed away from buildings and walkways
- Pressure wash decks, patios, and other outdoor common areas
- Cut back tree limbs encroaching on buildings and light fixtures
Road Patching and Striping
- Check for and repair cracks in driveways, sidewalks, and roads
- Check curbs and repaint as needed
General Indoor Maintenance
- Clean and replace furnace filters
- Check caulking around doors and windows
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors; replace batteries as needed
Curious how much money your property can save on spring cleaning products through Purchasing Platform? Check out this Case Study that details how we are on pace to save a Midwest based operator over $65,000 in one year.